Live In Brazil (DVD)André Rieu
- Label: Polydor
- Release Date:
- UPC: 00602537343621
- Cat #: 3734362
Everyone knows the Samba is the National Dance of Brazil – but that changed in 2012 when André Rieu played his first ever concert series in Brazil’s hustling and bustling commercial capital of Sao Paulo. The time-honoured “Ginásio do Ibirapuera” which was established in 1957 and hosted the Women’s Basketball World Championships amongst other world class events got turned into a Viennese outpost for 30 nights straight for which must be the most successful premiere tour in Brazil by an artist ever.
Close to 200,000 spectators witnessed the King of Waltz’s inaugural shows turning the place into a celebration of joie de vivre and – of course – the Waltz.
Says André Rieu, “Yes, it’s a record. A sold-out concert thirty times in one city. We are really proud of
that. So many memories of people waltzing, the laughter, the tears of the Brazilians.
We will never forget all that.”
And it’s one of Andre many talents that he always finds the right mix between classics and hidden gems of his genre like “Nessun Dorma”, his signature tune “The Beautiful Blue Danube” or “Ballad For Adeline” while tapping into the rich tradition of local repertoire. For “Live In Brazil” that ranges from “Manha de Carnaval” to the 2012 global smash “Ai Seu Te Pego” keeping the audience off their seats and dancing in the aisles for long stretches of the 90 minutes of the show.
1 Seventy-Six Trombone
2 Old Comrades
3 The Third Man
5 Nessun Dorma
6 Snow Waltz
7 The Laughing Song
8 Ballad For Adeline
9 Emperor Waltz
10 Entry March
11 Aviators March
12 Casta Diva
13 When I'm Sixty-Four
15 Manhã de Carnaval
16 Oh Fortuna
17 Radetzky March
18 Strauss & Co.
20 The Smurf Song (Vader Abraham)
21 The Red Rose Café
22 Opera Potpourri
23 A Child's World (Medley) (als op Flying Dutchman)
24 Zorba's Dance (Sirtaki)
25 Maastricht Anthem, ARV_09
26 Maastricht, City Of Jolly Singers
27 Adieu, Little Captain Of My Heart
You only pay delivery once for your whole order, not for each item.
- To guarantee delivery it is best to send your parcel to your office or somewhere where there will be someone to receive it between 9am - 5pm. If there is no one at the delivery address your order will be sent to the nearest post office where you will need to sign to pick it up.
- We must have correct and complete addresses, including a company name where necessary, and at least one contact telephone number.
- We use Australian Air Express for Australian deliveries.
- We use Fedex for International deliveries.
Live In Brazil (DVD) - Track Listing
- 01. Opening (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 02. Seventy-Six Trombones (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 03. Blaze Away (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 04. The Skaters Waltz, ARV_11 (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 05. Tiritomba (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 06. Nessun Dorma (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 07. Snow Waltz (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 08. Song Of Olympia (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 09. Ballad For Adeline (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 10. Hava Nagila (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 11. Ave Maria (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 12. Habanera (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 13. Manha De Carnaval (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 14. The Beautiful Blue Danube (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 15. Hallelujah, ARV_10 (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 16. Radetzky March (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 17. Strauss & Co (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 18. Libiamo, ARV_10 (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 19. Brasil Medley (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 20. Amazing Grace (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 21. Adieu, Little Captain Of My Heart (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 22. Ai Se Eu Te Pego (Live in Brazil, 2012)
- 23. Menu / André Rieu / Live in Brazil, 2012