3 Signing Up to Getmusic
An “Account Holder” is anyone who has signed up to the Service and has obtained a User ID to log into the Service. As an Account Holder you may set up a profile by giving us certain additional information, which we will refer to as your "Account."
Each Account Holder will have a unique User ID, which is the email address and confidential password you provide (or we may assign an initial password which you may change later) when you register ("User ID"). We may provide Account Holders with additional codes or passwords necessary to access and use certain features or functions of the Service or the Website.
As an Account Holder, you may also be required to submit your first and last name, email address, date of birth and your postcode and we may also require you to provide additional information for security or identity verification purposes. We may also ask you to provide us with information about yourself which is optional, but will enable us to customise the Getmusic experience for you. We will indicate what information is required and what information is optional. The information you provide to us in the registration process, as well as any information you provide during the course of using Getmusic as an Account Holder is "Account Holder Information."
Your User ID is personal to you. You may change your User ID, update your Account Holder Information and any personal information you have given us, however, certain personal information, such as your date of birth, cannot be changed unless you contact us at email@example.com provide sufficient verification that your date of birth entry was mistakenly entered.
“Content" means all content including music, audio, video, text, illustrations, images, photographs, animations, data, information, software, databases, designs, other proprietary information and materials and all copyright protected or otherwise legally protectable elements of the Service, software and Website, tangible or intangible, including the selection, sequence, 'look and feel' and arrangement of items, as well as all copyright and other rights in other intellectual property which you may encounter in connection with Getmusic, the Website or the software and, unless the context otherwise requires, includes Physical Products.
Getmusic provides you with different options to sample, stream, use and download Content. A "stream" refers to Content you can play while you are connected to Getmusic on the Internet. A "sample" stream refers to less than the entire Content available, usually provided on a promotional basis, without charge. A "full" stream refers to full or continuous Content and usually requires you to pay a separate fee.
A "download" refers to Content you may save to fixed storage media in your personal computer or portable devices, and play back. You may purchase "permanent" downloads on an a la carte basis from Getmusic. Permanent downloads are subject to certain licensing and use rights restrictions, however, you may continue to play permanent downloads that you lawfully downloaded as an Account Holder, even if and when you are no longer an Account Holder of Getmusic.
5 Your conduct and using the Content
- You agree to copy, record, play back and download only Content for which you have the necessary authorisation, permissions and licences.
- Account Holders are allowed to transfer certain Content to their personal computer, transfer Content from their personal computer to certain enabled and compatible portable devices, and burn downloads to CDs, in accordance with our Music Download Rights.
- Downloads available from Getmusic and the Service are generally in MP3 format with a bit rate of 256kps and are compatible with Windows Media Player and many portable devices, including iPods.
- You are prohibited from sharing downloads with or enabling or allowing the sharing of downloads with any other person.
- Digital Rights Management, intellectual property and/or security technology protections may be provided with or in the Content and you must not directly or indirectly circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, or otherwise alter, modify, restrict or interfere with such protection or any of the means by which we monitor and administer these protections or rules.
- All Content belongs to Universal, the Universal Entities, or their respective licensors, suppliers, operational service providers or advertisers, and is legally protected under Australian Commonwealth and State laws, as well as applicable foreign laws, regulations and international treaties.
- Getmusic, the Website, the software and all Content are provided solely for your non-commercial, non-exclusive personal use.
- Your rights are non-assignable, non-transferable and limited to those specifically and expressly granted to you by us.
- You must not alter, delete, or conceal any copyright or other notices.
- You must not, nor will you allow any third party to, reproduce, modify, edit, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, communicate, disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party or otherwise use, any Content without the express prior written consent of Universal or the owner of such Content if Universal is not the owner.
- Portions of Getmusic which manage digital rights in Content and which are installed on one or more of your computers may count the number of times you play downloaded Content or transfer downloaded Content to portable devices and will report that information to us.
- It is your responsibility not to destroy or damage or lose the downloaded Content, as we are not responsible for any Content you download that is lost, damaged or destroyed.
- You are solely responsible for all Content that you download from the Service. We are not obliged to maintain a record of the Content you download and we will not be liable or responsible for failing to do so.
- If we no longer have the right to make certain Content available, for any reason and at any time, you will no longer be able to obtain or use that Content from Getmusic, even if you originally obtained it from us.
6 Purchasing Physical Products
“Physical Product” means any physical goods such as CDs, DVDs, merchandise, LPs and any other tangible products.
Delivery: The delivery information in the FAQ section of the Website applies to deliveries of Physical Products. Delivery times cannot be guaranteed and any stated delivered times are only estimates. Getmusic will have no liability in respect of any deliveries which are outside the estimated delivery times.
Title: Getmusic will retain title to the Physical Products you order until you have made payment in full for those Physical Products, but all risk in the Physical products will pass to you upon their delivery to, or collection by, a postal or courier service.
Returns: The returns and refund information contained in the FAQ section of this Website applies to returns of Physical Products.
From time to time you may be able to pre-order Content in advance of its release date.
You may pre-order Content by following the instructions on the Website. By pre-ordering Content, you are authorising Getmusic to automatically charge you for the Content, and to download or deliver (as applicable) the Content, when and if the pre-ordered Content becomes available. Payment for pre-ordered Content will not be taken until the Content is downloaded or shipped (as applicable). Getmusic will issue you with an email confirmation and transaction invoice at the time at which payment is taken.
Getmusic reserves the right to reject or accept your pre-order for any reason, including unavailability, error in price or description or a defective order.
“Voucher” means a prepaid amount acquired for use in relation to the Website which may be used by the purchaser or acquired as a gift for a named recipient.
Vouchers expire 12 (twelve) months from the date the Voucher is first activated. It is your responsibility to use the full value of the Voucher before it expires. Any unused balances will be forfeited after the Voucher expires.
Vouchers may be used as payment for all or part of your order. If your order is less than the value of your Voucher, the unused balance of your Voucher will remain current on the Voucher for future purchases until the Voucher expires. If your order exceeds the amount of your Voucher, Getmusic will charge you the amount in excess of your Voucher by your selected payment method.
Vouchers and unused balances are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund. Vouchers cannot be exchanged, transferred or used to purchase other Vouchers. Getmusic is not responsible for lost or stolen Vouchers. Lost or stolen Vouchers will be voided and are not redeemable.
Getmusic reserves the right to request alternative forms of payment if Getmusic considers, in its sole discretion, a Voucher has been fraudulently obtained or used to obtain Services.
9 Fees for Account Holder
Only residents of Australia are able to purchase Content using the Website or Service.
You authorise us to bill you for all purchases you make and for any other fees and charges you incur in connection with the Service. You must pay all fees and charges incurred in connection with your User ID (including any applicable taxes) at the rates and charges in effect and applicable when the fees and charges were incurred. All fees and charges are non-refundable.
You must designate PayPal or an authorised credit, charge or debit card when you make a purchase, and for billing and payment of fees. If requested, you must also provide us with additional billing and payment information including your name as it appears on the card and your billing address. We accept VISA®, MasterCard®, and PayPal. If purchasing Content, your payment information, including your billing address, must be located within Australia otherwise it will be rejected.
You warrant that you are the credit, charge or debit card or PayPal account holder or that you have the authority of the credit, charge or debit card or PayPal account holder to use the credit, charge or debit card or PayPal.
You must notify Universal of any discrepancies which appear on your invoice or billing statement within 60 days, otherwise billed amounts will be deemed to have been accepted by you and Universal will not responsible for any discrepancies.
You must pay Universal all reasonable solicitor-client legal fees and other relevant costs we incur to collect any overdue amounts from you. Your registration and Account Holder status may be cancelled and/or deactivated without notice if any payment is overdue. You must pay any outstanding balance in full within 10 days of any such suspension, cancellation, deactivation or termination.
10 Your Responsibilities
You must not use or allow others to use the Site to upload, post, transmit, distribute, communicate or otherwise make available (or attempt to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available) any material that:
- is unsuitable for children;
- is not your original work, or which in any way violates or infringes (or could reasonably be expected to violate or infringe) the intellectual property or other rights of another person;
- contains, promotes, or provides information about unlawful activities or conduct;
- is, or could reasonably be expected to be, defamatory, obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or otherwise unlawful, including material that racially or religiously vilifies, incites violence or hatred, or is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability;
- contains nudity, violence, or sexual acts or references;
- poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- you know or suspect (or ought reasonably to have known or suspected) to be false, misleading or deceptive;
- contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs which could interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware; or
- contains financial, legal, medical or other professional advice.
You must not use or allow others to use Getmusic, the software or the Website in any manner that may:
- transmit (or authorise the transmission of) “junk mail”, “chain letters”, unsolicited emails, instance messaging, or “spam”;
- harm, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend;
- solicit money or personal information from any person;
- be unlawful, defamatory, offensive, pornographic, threatening or discriminatory;
- affect us or any of the Universal Entities adversely or reflect negatively on us, Getmusic, the Website or any of the Universal Entities, or on their goodwill, name or reputation;
- use any "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider" or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or any content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website;
- breach any laws or regulations, infringe a third party’s rights or privacy, or be contrary to any relevant standards or codes;
- use another person’s registration details, User ID or password without that person’s permission; or
- tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorised modifications to the Service or Website or the use and enjoyment of the Service or Website by other users.
If you are an Account Holder you may upload, transmit, post or otherwise make available any material via the Website. In order to become an Account Holder, you must acknowledge and agree that if you elect to upload, transmit, post or otherwise make available any material via the Website:
- such material will be publicly available on the Website and other Getmusic sites operated by Universal (email firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of these sites);
- you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, licence to use, reproduce, edit and exploit the material in any form or on any medium and for any purpose including as a testimonial by you;
- you warrant that you have the right to make available such material and to grant the abovementioned licences; and
- you will indemnify and hold Universal and Universal Entities harmless from any claims made by any third party due to, or arising out of, anything you upload, transmit or post to the website.
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer and devices, hardware and software ("Equipment") can connect to the Internet and are compatible with Windows Digital Rights Management.
11 Monitoring and Removal of Material
You may request that any material that you have elected to make available via the Website be removed and that the rights granted to Getmusic to use or otherwise exploit that material cease to apply. The request should be made by using the Removal Request procedure on the Website. Getmusic will exercise reasonable endeavours to comply with a Removal Request within 48 hours.
12 Representations, Warranties and Consumer Guarantees
We make no representation or warranty that any Equipment, including portable devices, will be compatible with Getmusic or the Website. We are not obliged to refund any purchases should your Equipment be incompatible.
Consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law apply. We make no representation or warranty additional to those consumer guarantees.
13 Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, under no circumstances will Universal or any of the Universal Entities (including any of their directors, officers, employees, consultants, shareholders) be liable for any unauthorised use of Getmusic, the Website, software, Content, products or other goods or services, by you or anyone using your User ID, email address, password or other identification.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that Universal is not responsible for and accepts no liability in relation to, any other users of the Service or the Website, the providers of information, content, or ideas to the Service or Website, or the suppliers of goods and services purchased from the Service or Website. In particular, you acknowledge that we accept no responsibility for material that is posted or transmitted via the Website by you or other users. Universal accepts no responsibility for such persons’ opinions or behaviour, including any information or advice provided by them, any statements made by them, or any conduct on their part.
You further acknowledge and agree that in no circumstances other than breaches of the Australian Consumer Law will Universal be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential losses or damages or for any loss of profits, goodwill, data or opportunity (whether such losses are direct or indirect) of whatever nature howsoever arising. In the event of any breach of the Australian Consumer Law the extent of liability is governed by that Law.
Universal is not responsible or liable for any malicious code, delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions arising out of your use of the Website, Getmusic or any Content.
The liability of Universal or Universal Entities (including any of their directors, officers, employees, consultants, or shareholders) in connection with goods or services supplied to you is subject to the Australian Consumer Law. Except in the case of a major failure to comply with a consumer guarantee, liability will at the election of Universal be limited to:
- in relation to goods, the replacement or repair of the goods, the supply of equivalent goods, the payment of the cost of replacing or repairing the goods or the payment of the cost of obtaining equivalent goods; and
- in relation to services, the supplying of the services again or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again. For the avoidance of doubt, you acknowledge and agree that your use of the Service and Website does not include the supply of any telecommunications service by Universal, and any liability to re-supply the service or pay the cost of having the service supplied again, does not include the supply of, or payment for, any telecommunications service.
You agree to fully cooperate with us in our defence of any claim or settlement negotiations.
15 Third Party Content and Sites
URLs or hyperlinks may appear on Getmusic or the Website. We do not endorse or have any responsibility for any such third party or third party sites you may visit or be directed to via a URL or hyperlink on Getmusic or the Website. In no event shall we assume or have any responsibility or liability to you for any third party obtaining or collecting personal information from you.
As an Account Holder, you must maintain the confidentiality of your User ID and you agree to immediately notify us if you become aware of, or believe there is or may have been any unauthorised use of your User ID. You are solely responsible for any and all activity, behaviour, use or financial obligations that arise and all expenses, damages, liabilities and losses we incur unless and until we have had a reasonable opportunity to disable your User ID following you notifying us that your User ID may have been compromised.
We have the right to disclose your personal information, including your Account Holder Information to any authority, government official, credit reporting agency or third parties for the purpose of administering the Website and Getmusic or in connection with any investigation, proceeding or claim arising from any illegal action or infringement arising from your use of Getmusic or the Website.
You may have contact with third parties such as our advertisers, sponsors, or promotional partners as a result of your use of Getmusic or the Website ("Advertisers"). All such contact, including the purchase of goods and services from Advertisers, is between you and the Advertisers and we are not responsible or liable to you in any way in connection with these activities or transactions.
18 Promotions and Marketing
If you consent, Universal may send you special offers and news from time to time. You can opt out of receiving such messages by logging onto the Website or using the unsubscribe facility in the messages.
Account Holders may register for delivery of special offer for Promotions, news, programming and information delivered via mobile phone. You must register to receive this information on the Website or via your mobile phone, and by registering you are giving your consent to receive such information. Standard messaging rates will apply for all messages unless noted otherwise. We are not responsible for any mobile or email charges incurred by you or any other person who has access to your mobile phone, telephone number or email address. We may terminate any of the mobile marketing services at any time without notice.
Pop-ups may be used on the Website to provide you extended information or to inform you about special offers, Promotions, suggestions and so on. If you want to receive such information you will need to set your pop-up blocker (if you have one) to accept pop-ups from the Website. While we will take care to prevent unauthorised pop-ups, we will not be liable for any unauthorised pop-ups which may appear as a result of your use of the Website.
21 Termination by You
You may terminate your registration as an Account Holder, subject to the payment of all amounts outstanding, by notifying us at email@example.com providing your User ID information.
22 Suspension or Termination by Us
We may do either of the following, in whole or in part, at our sole discretion and without prior notice to you:
- suspend, cancel and/or terminate your Account or status as an Account Holder; and
- suspend, cancel and/or terminate your User ID and/or your use of the Service or the Website,
but this power of suspension or termination does not allow us to cancel an order after it has been accepted.
Upon termination, suspension, deactivation or cancellation, any and all amounts due or becoming due on the date of such termination, suspension, deactivation or cancellation will be or become payable by you immediately.
Unless stated to be otherwise, charges referred to for any goods or services supplied (or offered for supply) via the Service and the Website are stated inclusive of GST. Where GST applies to any supply made to you, we will deduct the applicable GST and issue you with a Tax Invoice. GST means the Australian goods and services tax charged under A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 ("Act"). Tax invoice means tax invoice as defined by the Act.
25 Affirmation regarding age
By using the Service and the Website, you affirm that you are 18 years or over or otherwise possess legal parental or guardian consent to such use.
If any term or condition of the Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, this will not affect any other provisions and if possible, that term or condition will be deemed amended or construed in such a manner to the extent necessary to render it legal, valid and enforceable.
Any provision of the Agreement which should survive in order to allow us to enforce its meaning and intent shall survive.
You may not transfer or assign the Agreement to anyone else and any attempt by you to do so will be null and void.
27 Governing Law
The Agreement is governed by the laws of New South Wales except to the extent that the Australian Consumer Law may require otherwise.
Date of last revision: 23 May 2012
We'll send you weekly updates & new release info straight to your email.