Legacy: Live In Baden Baden / Playing For My LifeDavid Garrett
- Label: Decca Records
- Release Date:
- UPC: 00044007628171
- Cat #: 0762817
The release of Legacy, David Garrett's new classical album, which includes the Beethoven-Violinconcerto and works by Fritz Kreisler, is an opportunity for fans of the 31-year-old German-born violinist familiar with his rock-inspired concerts and CDs to discover his first love - classical music.
Few may realise that the young man performing classic rock numbers by legends such as Nirvana, Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin on his Rock Symphonies album (2010) was, just a few short years ago, one of the violin world's most celebrated child prodigies and the youngest artist ever to be signed to the legendary classical music record label, Deutsche Grammophon.
Legacy is a reminder to those familiar with David Garrett's classical albums. Legacy is also a message from the man himself that he has never really been away. Throughout his rock-violin crossover years, playing pure classical violin has remained central to David Garrett's life and work. Legacy includes his presentation of the epic Beethoven Violin Concerto coupled with David’s orchestral interpretations of salon pieces by Fritz Kreisler, including the Variations on a theme of Corelli in the style of Tartini , Praeludium and Allegro in the style of Pugnani and the much-loved Variation 18 from Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Rachmaninov.
As David himself says:
‘The [Beethoven] violin concerto...is the ultimate masterpiece of the violin repertoire. For me it is the most moving and multifaceted violin concerto ever composed. It is every violinist’s dream to record this work once in his life. I consider it a great honour to be able to play Beethoven’s violin concerto accompanied by a magnificent orchestra and a wonderful conductor. This is the fulfilment of a personal goal for me.’
His journey to recording the album has been documented in the new film ‘Playing For My Life’, which will also be released as a DVD & Bluray. The DVD & Bluray will be a dual programme led by a concert performance of the album repertoire, recorded on one night in Baden-Baden.
You only pay delivery once for your whole order, not for each item.
- To guarantee delivery it is best to send your parcel to your office or somewhere where there will be someone to receive it between 9am - 5pm. If there is no one at the delivery address your order will be sent to the nearest post office where you will need to sign to pick it up.
- We must have correct and complete addresses, including a company name where necessary, and at least one contact telephone number.
- We use Australian Air Express for Australian deliveries.
- We use Fedex for International deliveries.
Legacy: Live In Baden Baden / Playing For My Life - Track Listing
- 01. Praeludium and Allegro in the style of Pugnani
- 02. Caprice Viennoise, Op.2
- 03. Romance: Larghetto on a theme by Carl Maria von Weber
- 04. Variations on a theme of Corelli in the style of Tartini
- 05. Liebesleid
- 06. Tambourin Chinois, Op.3
- 07. Variation 18
- 08. Liebesfreud
- 09. Variations on "Carnivale di Venezia", Op.10
- 10. 1. Allegro ma non troppo
- 11. 2. Larghetto -
- 12. 3. Rondo (Allegro)
- 13. Start
- 14. How It All Began
- 15. The First Concert
- 16. Leaving Home
- 17. The Turning Point
- 18. Combining Classical & Rock
- 19. Verbier Festival
- 20. Recording "Legacy"