Lex Hives (Vinyl) - The HivesThe Hives
- Label: Dew Process
- Release Date:
- UPC: 00602537053186
- Cat #: DEW9000451
Do you hear a swooping sound? Can you feel warm gusts of wind against your face? It is the phoenix rising from the ashes, and while one arm flaps vigorously, beneath the other he is holding a golden disc. He is coming closer… The disc says… LEX HIVES!
Yes, little reader, the world's wisest musical council and international rock sensation, The Hives, are back! On June 8th, Howlin' Pelle Almqvist, Nicholaus Arson, Chris Dangerous, Dr. Matt Destruction, and Vigilante Carlstroem will return with their fifth stunner -- the 12-track contemplation of all law that is Hives – “Lex Hives”. The term "Lex Hives" is a phrase derived from the ancient Roman practice of enacting a system or body of laws and accepting them as a standard. Thus, the 12 songs on “Lex Hives” make up the holy laws after which all life from now on must be lived.
Chiselled into the melted wax cake 33 1/3 long-player, “Lex Hives” will be released through Dew Process in Australia on The Hives' own label Disques Hives. Self-produced, self-played, self-released, and self-promoted, these 12 songs are not built to fit just anyone. These are not songs that sound equally good played on an acoustic guitar by the campfire. This is not music. This is compressed carbon hidden in the earth's crust for millions of years and unearthed, to be placed in your eardrums.
–– Lex Hives took a year and a half of thinking and three months of recording.
–– Lex Hives is slightly over 30 minutes long. This is not short. If recorded by some other band it would have been 45 minutes.
– Lex Hives has exactly the contractually specified 12 songs.
– Lex Hives has a booklet for the first time depicting the workstation at Hive Manor.
– Lex Hives was mixed by Grammy Award winner Andrew Scheps, Dave Sardy and Joe Zook, because only the best will do and California is nicer than Sweden in February.
Perhaps having acquired a taste for working with big-shot producers on “The B&W Album”, they this time decided to track down the five biggest names in popular music for the job. The names that came up? Howlin’ Pelle Almqvist, Nicholaus Arson, Chris Dangerous, Dr. Matt Destruction, and Vigilante Carlstroem. The five members of The Hives knew that in order to make the boat rock, one needed the ones who'll rock the boat (simple Hives logic). Said and done, The Hives curled up in their patented fetal studio position and in the next two years hunkered in the rock & roll laboratory – various laboratories, in fact, including Atlantis, RMV and Decibel in Stockholm, and legendary Hansa in Berlin – and meticulously built what now is named “Lex Hives”.
Blistering proof of the band’s quest can be found with the lead single, ‘Go Right Ahead’, gives us The Hives moving into glam-punk territory, and is the first Hives recording, together with its “Lex Hives” album mate ‘Midnight Shifter’, ever to feature brass. Emerging from the glam sax-laden overdub jungle like the winners they are, The Hives come out swinging their machete guitars with a track that leaves no-one clueless as to what the message is –– "PARTY like there is no tomorrow, you crazy fucks!”
Louder. Bolder. Prouder. More convinced than ever. The Hives are finally out of the dark ages and steering toward the light.
This is THE LAW. The Law that is Hives. LEX HIVES!
The laws of nature are pale in comparison and The Hives demand nothing but complete obedience.
You only pay delivery once for your whole order, not for each item.
- To guarantee delivery it is best to send your parcel to your office or somewhere where there will be someone to receive it between 9am - 5pm. If there is no one at the delivery address your order will be sent to the nearest post office where you will need to sign to pick it up.
- We must have correct and complete addresses, including a company name where necessary, and at least one contact telephone number.
- We use Australian Air Express for Australian deliveries.
- We use Fedex for International deliveries.