Take The CrownRobbie Williams
- Label: Universal Music Ltd.
- Release Date:
- UPC: 00602537168071
- Cat #: 00602537170654
“After the Take That reunion – a busman’s holiday, a break from my career which re-energised me in many, many ways – I wanted to come back with a massive solo album. My main priority was to write what I consider, and hopefully what the world would consider, to be hits. I’m very excited”. - Robbie Williams, August 2012.
“Take The Crown is the big, brash, confident Robbie Williams pop record that his fans have been longing for but maybe didn¹t dare expect. If it had a sub-title it would be ’In Case You¹d Forgotten’. Not wishing to denigrate the art of the record executive, but Island may as well have chosen the lead single by chucking a dart at the inlay sleeve. They couldn¹t have missed. Because there are no misses. Just hits huge pop hits.” - Dave Roberts, Music Week
On 2nd November Robbie Williams releases a new album. It is called ‘Take The Crown’, a title that reflects the mood in which it was recorded and his state of mind as he awaits its unveiling. There may sometimes have been moments in recent years when he may have seemed ambivalent about what it was to be the pop star Robbie Williams. Perhaps, he suggests, that even had its effect on the music he made. No more. “The album is called Take The Crown because I want to fight,” he says. “I want to fight anybody that wants to come in my way in the pop kingdom. I want to retain the crown that I once had. Still may have. I want to communicate to people that I love this job and I’ll fight for it.”
As Robbie Williams looks to the future with the release of the incredible ‘Take The Crown’ – his ninth studio album and his first for Island/Universal – it might also be interesting to remember his considerable achievements so far.
In a career strewn with awards, Robbie has quite simply sold more records than any other British solo artist in history. Having sold a staggering 60 million albums over his solo career, Robbie has also won more Brit awards than any other artist in history ( a grand total of 17, to be precise).
Six of his albums appear in the all time top 100 biggest selling albums in the UK whilst Williams appears in the Guinness Book of World Records for selling 1.6 million concert tickets in a day in 2006.
In 2010 Robbie Williams won the Outstanding Contribution to British Music Award at the BRITS; later that year his reformation with Take That led to their album becoming the fastest selling album of the century.
Since then Robbie has been working on his brand new solo album, recorded in Los Angeles with producer Jacknife Lee. The orchestra on the album was recorded at the fabled Capitol Studios in LA.
The album is preceded by the single “Candy”. Of this brilliantly addictive classic Robbie Williams pop song, written with Gary Barlow, Robbie says: “It’s a summer song, about a girl who thinks she’s great. And she might be, but she’s a bit nefarious with her ways. Some songs take an age to write and some songs just fall out of your mouth completely formed, and you don’t have to think about it. I don’t know why that fell out of my mouth and out of my brain at that particular time – it just did”.
You only pay delivery once for your whole order, not for each item.
- To guarantee delivery it is best to send your parcel to your office or somewhere where there will be someone to receive it between 9am - 5pm. If there is no one at the delivery address your order will be sent to the nearest post office where you will need to sign to pick it up.
- We must have correct and complete addresses, including a company name where necessary, and at least one contact telephone number.
- We use Australian Air Express for Australian deliveries.
- We use Fedex for International deliveries.
Take The Crown - Track Listing
- 01. Be A Boy Play $2.15 Buy
- 02. Gospel Play $2.15 Buy
- 03. Candy Play $2.15 Buy
- 04. Different Play $2.15 Buy
- 05. S**t On The Radio Play $2.15 Buy
- 06. All That I Want Play $2.15 Buy
- 07. Hunting For You Play $2.15 Buy
- 08. Into The Silence Play $2.15 Buy
- 09. Hey Wow Yeah Yeah Play $2.15 Buy
- 10. Not Like The Others Play $2.15 Buy
- 11. Losers Play $2.15 Buy