Wagner: The Ring Of The Nibelungen - Sir Georg SoltiSir Georg Solti
- Label: Universal Music
- Release Date:
- UPC: 00028947837022
- Cat #: 4783702
In celebration of the 200th Anniversary in 2013 of Wagner’s birth and the 100th Anniversary in 2012 of Sir Georg Solti’s birth DECCA presents:
WAGNER: DER RING DES NIBELUNGEN
DELUXE, REMASTERED, NUMBERED, LIMITED EDITION including BLU-RAY AUDIO 24-BIT AUDIOPHILE DISC, COMPLETE LIBRETTI in HARDBACK and MORE
Sir Georg Solti’s recording of Wagner’s epic music-drama Der Ring des Nibelungen was a recording project on a scale without precedent and the first-ever studio recording of Wagner’s masterpiece. Recorded between September 1958 and November 1965, it was masterminded by legendary producer John Culshaw and his technical team under the direction of chief engineer Gordon Parry. This massive undertaking set new standards in both opera recording and the possibilities of the effective and imaginative use of stereo.
The combination of Sir Georg Solti and the Vienna Philharmonic with an international cast of the greatest Wagnerian singers available resulted in a recording which was greeted with unprecedented enthusiasm and rave reviews and which quickly won numerous international awards.
• 14CDs: Der Ring des Nibelungen - the complete newly remastered recording.
• 2CDs: An Introduction to Der Ring des Nibelungen by Wagner scholar Deryck Cooke
• 1DVD: The Golden Ring – the acclaimed BBC documentary
• 1CD: Wagner Overtures, Siegfried Idyll & Kinderkatchechismus – recorded in Vienna during the Ring years
• 1 BLU-RAY AUDIO: The complete Ring Cycle on a single disc in remastered, lossless 24-bit audiophile quality. Exclusive to this edition.
You only pay delivery once for your whole order, not for each item.
- To guarantee delivery it is best to send your parcel to your office or somewhere where there will be someone to receive it between 9am - 5pm. If there is no one at the delivery address your order will be sent to the nearest post office where you will need to sign to pick it up.
- We must have correct and complete addresses, including a company name where necessary, and at least one contact telephone number.
- We use Australian Air Express for Australian deliveries.
- We use Fedex for International deliveries.